Nothing like an easy Friday to start the weekend off right. And what better way to spend your night but getting your foreplay on!
Now I’m doing something a little different for today’s foreplay post because I feel like for many (women especially) one of our biggest roadblocks to blissful orgasms is the constant running of the mind. We spend so much time worrying about what we have to do tomorrow, whether the laundry is done or if the kids can’t hear. In order to really enjoy sex and focus on the moment, not the other stresses life has doing a little meditation is a great way to zone out and refocus.
I am not a meditation person. I’m really not. When I took a body movement class in college, we spent a lot of time laying on the floor and feeling…I, of course, was young and thought it was the dumbest thing (not quite as much as running around the room waving our arms in the air pretending to be a paintbrush…I definitely almost failed that class) But looking back, paying attention how your body moves, how it feels and how it relaxes is super awesome and allows you to focus right on what you want to.
Its easy to let our minds wander. But here are some of my tips to help get you focused, so when you’re in the heat of the moment you can focus on the things your body is doing and how it feels!
- Lay on the floor, your bed or the couch. And relax completely, pretend like your body is filled with sand and is sinking to the floor. Focus on that feeling of relaxation. How your fingers feel, your toes, your head. Its almost that heavy headed feeling you get when you are just about to fall asleep and you’re totally aware of it. When you’re having sex, try this technique, focus on the movements, the feelings and what your body is doing!
- Practice some yoga, stretching and breathing. Not only is yoga good for your body, but it can really help you focus. Plus the stretching can give you a lot more flexibility.
- Turn off your phone. Seems simple, but the little pings, vibrations and light from your phone is a total distraction!
- I am 100% a person who thinks a TV does not belong in the bedroom. The bedroom is ultimately for sleeping, rest and relaxation (in my opinion at least). Obviously its not always possible. I live in a studio so therefore…tv is in the bedroom…kinda. If you have a tv in the bedroom, be sure its off when you’re trying to relax or when you’re getting busy!
- Spend a few minutes a day trying to clear your mind. Sit or lay in a quiet area and just try to push all the stress outside of your mind. Each time you do it, try to go for a little longer.
- Caffeine makes me jittery, and makes my mind go a million miles a minute. I try to avoid it later in the day.
- Try a massage or a nice long bath. Sometimes thats just what you need to relax, get the stress of the day out of your head.
Got some other great tips on how to relax, focus and zone in to the pleasure???